What can I say? Just sing, "Danshi koukousei no nichijou~ Whoah!"

Title      : Daily Lives of High School Boys; 男子高校生の日常; Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Genre    : slice of life, comedy

Episode : 12

Producers: Tanaka Kakeru, Ōshiro Hiroaki, Hayashi Yōhei, Satō Hiroshi, Wakanabe Ryūta

Director : Takamatsu Shinji

Assistant Director: Yoshimura Ai

Script Writer: Takamatsu Shinji 

 

Danshi Koukousei cover | Source: MyAnimeList




Daily Lives of High School Boys -- or I like to call it just Danshi Koukousei -- is an anime about everyday basis that will happen in high school boys' lives. Just like the title said. The three main characters of this anime are Tadakuni, Yoshitake and Hidenori. By the way, my favourite is Tadakuni. He always looks different from Yoshitake and Hidenori, haha, that's why I like him better.

 

You wouldn't find the anime to be continued. There are various scene an episode. Different story, different conflict, yeah sometimes related, but not always. It's a common thing in slice of life's genre. No major conflict. Just laid-back story you can watch every time you'd like to. Just what I need.

 

My cousin who happened to love this genre, so he recommended it to me. At first, I was hesitant to pick this anime as one of my go-to-watch this month -- I'm in the middle of writing slice of life radio playwright, so I kinda need it. I mean, my two main characters in script are girls, so why bother watching an anime about boys? But no, thanks God, I got plenty inspiration from this anime. In fact, I love it more and more, and by the time I finished watching, I can't stop the feeling of ... lonely. I'll miss this anime. I'll re-watch this anime!

 

The original soundtrack (opening and ending) are funny and memorable. I kept thinking the opening doesn't seem right to be the opening. At first. But through my watching time, I realise it does not matter anymore to me. It will be very memorable, and yes, it worked. The ending is so funny. What with that "ba ba ba ba ri ra ri ra ba ba" whatsoever? Hahaha! So addictive to listen. I can't even stop myself from singing. It easy to remember and memorable. If I ever heard of this ending soundtrack years from now, I wouldn't surprise to find I still remember it.

 

My favourite story is the ending actually, but haha okay, I'll pick a part. I like High School Boys and ... shoot, I forgot! Alright, whatever. I like the one when they play kick a can part. When they used Mitsuo's Gundam as the can. Hahaha, oh my Goodness. His precious action figure... I know they will never be "real" serious, and yeah I'm correct. They were just playing kick a can! Yoshitake and Hidenori, I mean. Bruh, hahaha.

 

As a broadcaster myself, I found it amusing that the Director used minimum shot type. Really, as laid-back as the anime can be, I never thought the Director -- I mean, Takamatsu Shinji sensei -- would use such simple shots, and thus, I can say, are amazing! The shots can deliver the story completely even with it minimum types. Such beauty... For example, like when they were talking about their lives while passing a volley ball. That was an amazing idea! It was simple yet surprisingly amazing! I can even learn from this anime: I don't have to push myself to use many shot types to reach maximum greatness, as long as I can deliver the message correctly.

 

I'll give this anime 5/5 stars! Happy watching and (perhaps) learning, my friends!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.