We are Human with Nostalgic and Lonely Feelings

I am a big fan of TVXQ!. On 8th of December 2021, one of the member, Max Changmin, released a mini album. It is his Japan album. That makes him represent TOHOSHINKI. TOHOSHINKI is the Japanese name of TVXQ!.

Source: 東方神起オフィシャルウェブサイ卜

 

This mini album title is Human, as for the main track, too. This article will talk about my opinion Human, the main track. I represent this article for Shim Changmin, one of the most influential person in my life.

When TOHOSHINKI's official Twitter account announced its release date, I was beyond excited. I was even planning to invest my money to buy this mini album, since the price is not that high. In other word, affordable. But, I back down from this plan. I realised I did not prepare more seriously for this heartwarming mini album. I didn't have enough money. I didn't even know the date of the MV release. So, when I opened YouTube, I was like, 'Huh? He released the MV already?' Pretty nice for declaring myself as a big fan, is it not?

Until I remembered one of Changmin's wise words. I do not exactly remember the actual phrases. He said to prioritized what important first. I think feeding myself enough every month, studying diligently for I am in the last year of college and doing anything I feel important rather than spend my time and money for a mini album that I can buy any other time. Changmin's mini album release is only one of many things that categorised as entertainment purpose. I know I can learn a thing or two from the MV, for perhaps I could direct an MV, too, but that is not the main purpose here.

So, to the song itself. I won't going to talk about the MV. Only the song (so, here I am, writing this article while listening to the song on YouTube Music repeatedly).

Nostalgic. That is one word that could describe the entirety of this song. We know Changmin present himself as a cyborg or super human. He is taking us from hundred or thousand years ahead. That's interesting (but this is Shim Changmin we're talking about, a person who have big interest of newest technology, so it is not that big of a fuss). It is like, he is trying to talk to us about something.

Ah, before I continue, I haven't read the lyric. I don't know the actual meaning behind this song.

In my deepest opinion, Changmin is trying to communicate with us about this earth -- what happened with the earth and humans themselves. If we continue to harm this earth or do things horribly repeatedly, there will be nothing left even before God call us to go to Heaven or Hell someday (from Muslim theory). He is trying to remind us. Changmin is trying to remind us this earth and the people are matters.

Don't you feel the same? Nostalgic. Perhaps most of you translate this song as lonely, too.

Honestly, I love him even more. Not in romantic term, mind you. I love him as one of my motivation.

'Sabishii'. I heard this word clearly. This word is Japanese, means it's lonely. I can understand. Imagine you have no one beside you anymore because this earth is damaged, like, totally damaged. Not many human left.

So it's represent in the MV itself. I cannot believe I happened to think the same as Changmin and the Director. And I am not joking. I did not write this article while imagining or watching the MV. So, what I think as nostalgic is true. Lonely is also true.

It's sadden me knowing I cannot do big things for this earth. I am not a person who hold special interest to nature, honestly speaking. I do feel sympathy, but I cannot find the right time to do the actions. I hope we will live safely in this earth much longer.

This is not a very serious article, yet I feel satisfied. Last night, I can finally express my feelings through self-talk, and today, I can finally let myself do something refreshing to express this feelings even more. I know I should learn to control my feelings (again), however this article is able to lift more of my emotional burnout.

Shim Changmin, for you out there, thank you.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.